Saturday, April 01, 2006

Birthsign Problems

Interpolated Alpha (DXT5)

24-bit RGB

I'm having big problems with getting the birthsign to actually work in-game. First of all, to be able to select it in the birthsign menu, I first needed to make several duplicates of it in TES - Construction Set, and name them 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 and see which one of them worked. So when one of them worked ingame, I deleted the rest and started modifying the working one.

Right now I'm stuck at of which exporting options and such I should use for the .dds file once I've completed the birthsign in Photoshop. Maybe it's not the export that's wrong but the picture itself?

Update:
Ok, this is seriously weird. As you can see on this picture and the uppermost picture of this post, somehow the template I use, shows through, even though there shouldn't be any data from the original still left in the picture.

Sure, I could leave it at that and carry on doing something else instead, but then I wouldn't learn anything from the situation and I'll only encounter the problem again later.

No comments: