Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Games, E3 and Life

So what's been going on lately? There's not been alot of updates here for a few days, don't know why actually. My day rythm have been pretty messed up since we stayed up in the middle of the night to watch E3 Press Conferances live, and it seems like I finally got it right again, somwhat...

Here's some birds scaveging garbage outside my window. Seems like birds like peanuts. I've been working in school on the stuff I can't be talking about, and at home I've been working on the Secret Project, which I can't talk about either.

Sony's revealing of their "new" controller only made them look more like the bad guys in the buisness, something that most of the internet is agreeing on. Although, Sony is a good brand for the common man, who will eventually purchase most consoles anyway. Yet again, their pricing of 599$ versus Nintendos which is speculated to be really low (200$?) isn't particularly in their favour.
"Tell me why you would buy a $600 PS3? People are going to buy two (machines.) They're going to buy an Xbox and they're going to buy a Wii ... for the price of one PS3."
-Peter Moore, Microsoft Vice President


It's no question about whether Nintendo dominated E3 or not, as this video clearly shows. As the doors opened to E3 on Friday morning, a stampede towards Nintendos booth aroused. People ran straigth through Sonys booth, just so they could get in line to Nintendos. It's especially funny to watch the frustrated Sony PR dude at the end of the clip.


One feature that didn't get particularly much attention on other websites, was the virtual console. This video shows a short prototype of the virtual console, along with a special Wii controller for retro gaming.


Another highlight from E3 that wasn't about the console wars, but the future of PC gaming, Spore. Will Wright showcase Spore and at the end Robin Williams shows how easy the creature creation interface actually is. Seems like we'll see alot of games featuring procedural content from now on.

Lately I've been thinking more about video compositioning and started watching Combustion 4 tutorials and such. Also I've had trouble finding new music lately, and neither Bittorrent nor Direct Connect can satisfy my needs. Atleast I've discovered a new (for me it is) promising site which got alot of great music that's available for free.

CTG Music Community
E3 2006 Press Conferances

No comments: