Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Personal Diary of Dopefish

Alright, so I'm back on the island again (the right one, not Öland), and I've been at my parents and my sister during the weekend that just passed. The movies I've seen on my boat trips is; A Bittersweet Life, 23 and Wonderful Days.

A Bittersweet Life was a awsome korean movie about this mob/gang member who has a job gone wrong and is nearly killed as a punishment. Escaping death, he sets out to get his revenge on the people who tried to kill him.

23 is based on the true story about a german hacker who sold information to KGB. The movie was ok to watch, but generally boring with too little actual hacking in it. A fun fact was that they showed the news about the murder of Olof Palme in this german low budget movie.

Wonderful Days was this beautiful animated movie, which mixed 3D rendered backgrounds, with handdrawn characters. It's full of beautiful scenes and a intriguing story, but rather slow paced and the action scenes seems somewhat cut down. Definetly worth a watch though.

On the saturday, I was on a party at my sisters home, and one of my friends had another cute friend she wanted to introduce me to at the night club. So later that evening we all went to Palace in Kalmar, and I met this really cute girl she was talking about.

It was really hard trying to say anything, to anyone at that place. She hit her hand on sometehing, so I brougth her ice for it, but she just looked puzzled and I had to tell her it was for the hand. She appreciated it, but the ice didn't last long, it was playfully put inside the clothing of her friends instead... sigh...

Unfortunately, she prefered the completly drunk and obnoxious type. The one who got his hand sat places where it's rather inappropiate for them to be at. Anyway, that kind of girl that accept that and like those kind of guys, isn't my cup of tea.

I spent the sunday at my sisters appartment, where we ate gyros pizza (similiar to kebab, but better) and watch Scary Movie 4 on the laptop. Enough for a laugh, but not much more than that.

Other stuff I had to do in the weekend was to talk with a obsessive fan (hey, if you're reading this) who once totally social engineered me with smooth talk about being a former Team-17 employee. Feels really uncomfortable to be fed with lies for like a month of time, before he finally went way over his head, claiming to be a Blizzard employee and shit like that.

So I did a check up on him with a couple of tracerts and IP numbers and finds out he's just a teenager in Austria who arranges LAN events on his spare time. I posted the standard stuff about his name/nicks, where he was living, his internet provider and stuff like that to scare him off, then I blocked him.

Well anyhow, he were back now on IRC talking about how his girl friend recently left him, and how he was sorry for what he had done to me and had lost the urge to live. Me, who isn't farsighted forgave him ofc. but you can't ask someone to forget. Also, he asked me if I could be his friend.

For me, it's not normal to ask people through the internet if they wish to be their friends. Friendship is something that's developed over time and isn't as easy as just being friends, or not being friends. Strangers spontanously asking you to be their friends, is rather creepy.

I had to spend a hour or two discussing with him that's he's probably seeing life to simplistic as either black or white, good or bad. Everything is imperfect, and strifing for the perfect life is a strife towards nothing. Well hopefully he feels better now, even with the knowledge of me not becoming his friend through the internet relay chat.

It feels strange to write about having fans, and I don't really like that kind of extreme attention. Many of them considers me being some sort of game god, others hates me. I don't want people looking up towards me, or looking down at me, why can't they just see that I'm their equal.

It puts a strain on yourself to have to talk with people for hours that you don't want to talk with. Also, you'll get questions about everything about heaven and earth every single day. Often they're about asking me for spoon feeding them with information on how to do something or get somewhere in WoW, other questions could be everything from how to install a program, to why their movie is 2gbs big and in bad quality.

But it's not always bad. Once in a while you'll get a message like this:
"I would like to represent the Wallwalkers of Earthen Ring (USA) in thanking you for what you have done for the Wallwalker Community, your final movie has inspired me to continue the dream that perhaps one day we will be accepted as an equal vote in the choices made by MMOs and for making it clear to those of us who had almost lost hope after patch 1.9s removal of the ability to Wallwalk that Blizzard can clip our wings but we will never forget what it feels like to fly."
I never made any of my movies to became famous in the WoW community, I just made them simply because I like making movies and thougth I had something worthy to show others. I wouldn't even have made any movie if it weren't for Jet once said "You should really make a movie about that".

Speaking about communities, Nogg-aholic forum members is up to a total of 1526 people today, and there's constantly joining new ones everyday.

For some reason, Nogg-aholic the Movie has recieved some new attention lately, and alot of new comments, some of them claiming this half year old movie was done entirely on a emulated server. It's now up to 66728 downloads, according to Warcraftmovies, and recently got recommendation from the same site.

Last Wallwalk the Movie has now been downloaded 35656 times, and there's been some discussion about what the point with the movie is. Some people cries when they see it, others fall asleep, it's all depends on if the people ever wallwalked as a passion or just see a bunch of gnomes running around on the video.

Oh, about when I got him last night. My room mate have had his mother on a visit, and apperantly she's been sleeping in my room. So when I got home in the middle of the night, and both my door and his door was closed, I didn't know if she were still sleeping there or not. I couldn't knock on Azurites door and ask him, because she might be sleeping there (and I don't want to wake her up), and I couldn't just barge into my room if she might be sleeping there.

It ended up with me spending the night at Andrei, eating fish sticks, watching Big Brother and sleeping on a madrass on the floor.

Mothers sometimes got strange behaviours. Williams mom felt the need to clean my room because she were staying there, so I bougth Gott & Blandat to her as a thank you. Was kind of strange seeing every piece of furniture in your room moved 10 inches away from the wall.

On Thursday this week, it's this years Swedish Game Awards at KTH. I'll see if I'll be able to travel to Stockholm and attend to it, but I really don't want to travel there all alone, so hopefully I'll get someone else to come along with me.

So now I'm back in school, sitting here in the sofa on E4, and about to get back to work, something I've been looking forward to since last friday. I've had plenty of time to think about last weeks feedback during the weekend.

Hej svejs, lever pastej!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh. Va lite uttråkad så jag läste denna... Lite fränt att nogg communityn blivit så stor. Och jag Håller med om att nogg-aholic+hela communityn verkar ha fått ganska mycket uppmärksamhet... I slutet av Shattered Hand innan jag migrerade fick jag upp till 20-25 (Mer?)Pm's varje dag av folk som gjorde level 1 karaktärer för att fråga om Haxx och hur man kom till vissa ställen, till och med folk som ville skicka GM tickets på mig för att de tyckte att det var en fusk film. Dock väldigt sällan. :) Hoppas det inte är för mycket press och "Keep up the good work".