Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bioshock can only be installed on two computers

"With SecuROM™ ‘s Product Activation concept, Sony DADC offers software publishers the possibility to secure their content either distributed via the physical or electronic sales channel with one solution. Only legitimate customers who have purchased the product are able to unlock the program which is bound to the hardware after activation. This ensures that once activated, it cannot be transferred to another PC and therefore not being mass pirated. SecuROM™ ‘s Product Activation can be easily combined with Sony DADC’s n-CD solution. Let your end-customers register first and collect important market information prior allowing them to use your software products. See www.n-cd.com for more information."

"i installed it when i got home. didnt know anything about this only instal lto machine so many times no documentation on it anywhere i have read.

Decided to install my vista. haveing probelms instaling vista so i decided to install on dads vist which is under the minimum specs some to play around on it. No sound lol. so i boot up the dual boot xp version on the same machine and guess what guys? No install wont accept actiavation only 2 machines so lets seee what this means for me 1 i installed on my machine and then wiped it out so that machine is no longer viable to install on and the other one i installed onto has crappy grafix and no sound so thats a no go in essance i just spent 60 dollars now just look at a broken game untill a pirtate version comes out no way in hell im paying for this shit again. Blows my mind that the same machine but dual boot is two differnent machines to them."

"this happened to me too, i can't even express how angry i am..

I picked up my LE copy of BioShock at midnight, and I installed it on my PC thinking it would run with playable fps, but it turned out to be pretty choppy. So, I installed it on my laptop instead, thus letting me play Bioshock. However, once my brother tried to install it on his PC, he got the exact same error shown in the picture. No more than 2 installations? outrageous. How about future system upgrades? I wish I hadn't opened my LE box so I could at least get my money back. Nowhere does it ever mention that only 2 installations are allowed.

There must be something that can be done about this problem."
Once again, it shows that consumers are only getting screwed over while pirates can skip all the hassle.

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5527

No comments: