Friday, August 24, 2007

Bioshock restrictions resolved?

"In response to complaints that the copy protection on the PC version of BioShock was too restrictive, 2K Games has decided to give gamers a little more slack when it comes to installing the acclaimed FPS title.

The number of different machines that one user will be able to install the game on will go from 3 to 5, and the number of times a user can install the game on a single machine will go from 2 to 5."
Personally, I feel that when I buy a product, it's my property and I should be able to do whatever I want with it. This feels more like renting than actual ownership.

If the SecuROM would expire after a certain date, then I could be fine with this solution, but if it requires you to connect to their authentication servers five years from now (which isn't even certain that it's still online then), I feel kind of cheated.

It feels kind of ironic that I end up cracking the games I buy...

Updates On SecuROM, PC Activation, and a Technical FAQ
Bioshock can only be installed on two computers
Levine response to Bioshock copy protection

No comments: