Sunday, October 22, 2006

Spelfest 2006

You might've noticed by now that I've started blogging like once a week, instead of as frequently as I used to. The reason for that is that I just been too busy with work, party and events to be able to blog.

I've also figured out, since I came to Uppsala, there's been some celebration every Saturday. Either it's because someone got a new appartment, or someone else had a birthday. None the less, it's nice and a great way to socialize with people. Although, I'm pretty fed up with Princess Cake by now.

Our concept artist Mattias Snygg couldn't be happier this week, since he got a box full of The Darkness comics that he made. People was walking in and out of his office all day, asking for a signed copy from him. It made you happy, watching him sign each copy with a gleaming smile. He even bougth himself a silver pen for the occasion.

I got myself three signed copies, which two of them were supposed to be given away to friends at Spelfest 2006, but I forgot them at the office. Typical.

Spelfest 2006, 20-21 october at café Street in Stockholm. It was a really nice event and I got the chance to greet and talk to alot of interesting people, aswell as listen to some great music by Boy versus Bacteria. You can download his music from the link at the bottom of this post.

I were suprised to see soo many people from the University of Gotland there, since I only thougth they would exhibit their stuff, not actually be there to present it for people. It was really nice to see them again, and Headbanger become one of the main attractions of the show.

During the friday party, alot of people came from both Grin and Avalanche Studios, and I were supposed to buy Chrille (from Grin) a drink as a thanks for my White Russian he gave me the last time we met. When I asked him what he wanted, he told me to suprise him. So I did. I think it became something like a White Russian with alot of rom, and a little bit cola in it.

Didn't see any DICE people there though, and I were the only representant from Starbreeze there, since most of them stayed behind for the office party during the same day.

I met some of the press people that visited us a couple of weeks ago to, and greeted on some of the independent developers such as Free Launch Design and my personal favourites at Muskedunder :)

Alot of my time during the Saturday, went into playing Free Launch Designs game, Icy Tower, which is suprisingly addictive. The rest of the time went into watching Machinima movies like Mine and Mine 2, that was produced in Battlefield.



Kajfa and Yosh where there to display Sumo and Yosh book about how to draw manga. I've had plenty of times to buy it before, but I never did, so I took the oppurtunity to do so now, and she where kind enough to both sign it and draw a picture of me.

Before venturing back to Uppsala, I managed to loot a huge poster of Ninja Loves Pirate from the Muskedunder team, and the entire team (except one) signed it for me. They even added "Muskedunder <3 Starbreeze" at the bottom of the poster. I'm going to hang it up soon, take a picture of it and post it on the blog for everyone to see.
Also, I must say, the subway system in Stockholm is ridiculous confusing. You're supposed to go in one direction, and then the train starts going backwards towards where you came from, or something. Well, it was confusing.

Oh, and thanks Calle for arranging such a nice event and letting me sleep at your apparment (even if it were only for three hours on your floor, it still was a nice experience).

Yokaj Studio
Boy vs Bacteria
Muskedunder Interactive
Free Lunch Design (Icy Tower)

No comments: