Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Electronic Arts to release games for Macintosh

I have always loathed Macs. They give me the eeries, and I've never really trusted these one buttoned contraptions. How are you supposed to bring up the context menu if you can't right-click?

Anyhow, it can't be worse than Windows Vista, and what might've been bothering me the most about Macs is the lack of games (same for Linux), but EA seems to want to redeem that problem.

Announcing today (yesterday?) that they're going to be releasing games for Macs, starting off with Need for Speed: Carbon, Battlefield 2142, Command & Conquer 3, and in July, Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix. Of course the usual crop (crap?) of sport games will follow later this year.

These, along with id softwares upcoming game, might actually influence more developers to take the step over to the otherside. Although, when I think about it, id software have always been releasing their games for Macs...
Electronic Arts to bring "games" to Mac

1 comment:

Snobaste said...

Rofl! You hate Macs?

I've always used Macs... of course, just like you I HATE 1-button mice, always bought the 3 button ones for my computer :P

And 'lack of games'? The newest Intel macs can dual boot into Windows, and Windows runs natively on the Mac because they use x86 processors. I've been doing all my model changing and editing on my iMac, and it runs Windows better than my high end PC did... and I'm very, very happy with it. No flaws in Windows whatsoever. I get like 200 FPS in Half-Life 2 :P

So really, there isn't much point for developers to make Mac games anymore, because any serious mac gamer already has an Intel Mac :P