Monday, April 07, 2008

Eidos Montreal second project is Thief?

"Eidos-Montréal is proud to announce the recruitment for our 2nd “AAA” project.
… A hint! The title begins with the letter “ T ”…"
Let's see, Eidos IP's starting with T; Thief, Timesplitters, Tomb Raider, Trade Empires. I'm pretty sure Eidos got Tomb Raider covered already, and Trade Empires is a strategy game, which isn't exactly Eidos Montreal field of expertise as far as I'm guessing, nor do I believe they want to give that game a sequal when Eidos currently are having some money issues, and the fact that they have better alternatives to use before then.

Free Radical Design is rumored to be working on Timesplitters 4. That leaves us with Thief. It means Eidos Montreal gets to work with two legendary IP's, first Deus Ex 3, and now a sequal to Thief. Either they'll become one of the most hated studios ever for ruining two of the most beloved game franchises in existance, or one the most beloved ones if they manage to meet the expectations.

I hope for the later... I really love both those series, and I don't need to get a broken heart...

UPDATE:
"the first two games we develop will revive successful franchises"
I think that settles it.

Eidos Montreal

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How have I loved the Thief series...

It's been a while since I haven't played a strategic infiltration game of that level (except maybe the last Hitman Blood Money)