Thursday, September 07, 2006

Lost in Uppsala

Well, since I got myself a job in Uppsala, I need to move to Uppsala, something that's proven itself more difficult than I could've foreseen. Sure, you'll be able to hitch around short-term contracts and such, but I really want a place close to work, where I can settle in.

A little area where I can place my bed, my computer and my projector in, aswell as an area where I can prepare food that I'll later upload pictures of to my blog. I don't crave much, just something that feels a little bit more permanent than 1-2 months contracts, and with walking/cycling distance to work.

I've signed up 11 interest application for Uppsalahem, but the best placement in que was 98/100 and most of them was around placement 300 in que. I've e-mailed and called a few people from the "Uppsala studentkårs bostadsjour", but they're mostly filled up or the availability is too short.

There's still alot to go until I become this desperate (pictured above), but things are looking gloom. It will be tough to leave behind such a dream living, but the work will justify it and things will get better over time. There's no danger for me sleeping on the street atleast, since I got three places that will provide sanctuary for me, but I want a place of my own, to call home...

Gamer Lifestyle
Uppsalahem
Uppsala studentkårs bostadsjour

No comments: