Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Gamer Lifestyle

Aight, so I've watched lots of 3D Buzz C++ tutorials today, vacuum cleaned the appartment, washed my cloths (actually are doing that right now), applied my study assurance to CSN and made my bed. Guess I'll continue to watch some tutorials now or read something while waiting for the laundry to finish.

Some features in the appartment;
  • At the entrance to the appartment is a Razer Diamondback hanging on the wall
  • The game consoles in my room is Nintendo 8-bit, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Dreamcast and a Atari Jaguar
  • Next to the bed is a LG RD-JT91 projector
  • Under the table and spread around the room is Logitech Z-5500 surround system, the bass is great for resting your legs
  • Various and unusual light sources
  • Lots of cables on the floor
  • In the bookshelf and under the projector is mostly game development litterature
  • Above the bookshelf is a picture hanging on the wall with the history of the game industry (scavaged from Saints appartment when he left to work for StarBreeze)
  • The laptop on the table is rented through the university and is a Dell 9100, P4 3.2ghz (800mhz fsb), 1gb DDR, ATI Radeon Mobility 9800 256mbit connected to 100mbit Sunet
  • The plants in the window gets water like once a week and almost no sunlight at all, they've survived 4 months already
  • Next to the window on the small table is two Maxtor Onetouch II 300gb external hard drives
  • The bed frame is formed as a sofa, so with a couple of pillows it could be used as that while watching a movie on the projector with a couple of friends
I'm rather satisfied with my living environment and game development and interactive media is the best education in the world in my humble opinion, although there's probably somewhere in the world where's a similiar education is with better economy. Now I only have to become better at programming, and I'm getting better at it for everyday that passes by.

Our next courses is Eye tracking (human and machine interaction), Game Engine Programming and the graphics people have Motion Capture. I had Motion Capture as a summer course but never finished it, so I guess I'll work together with some of the graphic people to finish that and get 5 extra points. Also I think it's really good to be able to handle a motion capture studio, filming and cleaning mo-cap data. Now I have to continue with my laundry, over and out!

No comments: