Friday, September 23, 2005

C++ distance course

24hours ago, a guy from school sat besides me, cursing alot and seeming really frustraded. When I left for the day, I asked him what he was so upset about, then he told me that he needed to get a few more points if he wanted to recieve his study grant, and the money for this month he was supposed to finish everything before sunday the 25th september. As most people know, CSN and schools are closed on holidays, so that meant he had to do everything until tomorrow. Why this concerns me is because I also needed to get a few more points (2 to be exactly, and I can only take 5 points courses as the least) if I wanted my study grant. So I got until today to finish the the rest of my C++ course, that is one third of the work for a two months course, and I had to finish it within 16 hours.

I brougth a friend home who were already done with that course and together with my friend who I share this appartment with all three sat us down and worked, starting from 00:00 yesterday (this morning). My inmate gave up first after like 4-5 hours of work, and my friend went home after 6 hours, I worked one more hour before I collapsed in my bed. I went up again at 11:00 only to eat breakfast and take a shower before going to school. As soon as I got there, I sat down and worked 3-4 hours more, finishing everything just before all the teachers went home, the question was, was it good enough to give me the grades I needed?



This is Tord Berglund at our school, a great guy, he was the one who got me into this school in the first place. Stressed and anxious I sat beside him while he corrected my work and ask a few questions that I were mostly to nervous to remember. Also I was starving with nothing to eat for the whole day. I went away for awhile to get myself something to eat, but I was too nervous and too stressed to eat my sandwhich I bought (from Vinäger, they make huge sandwhiches for 45sek). After a while Tord came to our group room, clinching a paper in his hand, with some of my code on it. This was it, I was screwed, I had to redo something and I wouldn't make it within the time limit anymore. To my suprise, it was just something unnecessary in my code he wanted to enlighten me with, and tell me that I made it, I got the grades!!!



Thanks to some of my class mates that helped me in the time of need, and when I'll get the money I'll take you guys out to dinner. Cheers dudes! Also Thomas, I hope you also made it in time, and thank you for warning me so I could get my thumb out of my ass.

No comments: