Sunday, November 20, 2005

Gaming identity

How important is your nickname to you? I've had the nick 'Dopefish' since the earlier days of Quake, but after a clan known as 'Dopefish' brougth itself some fame, people started calling me for nickstealer or a fakenicker. They think that the only Dopefish that exist is that clan, not knowing of the story about Commander Keen IV and all the hidden easter eggs involving Dopefish in games.

For not so long ago I read a story on Slashdot about a World of Warcaft player whose nick was forcingly changed after he played over 45 levels in the game, and the consequenses that followed. Also, I'm sure that many of the World of Warcraft players out there have heard the story about "The Seal Cub Clubbing Club" guild whose name was changed to "Orgrimmar Dust Bin Collectors".

Blizzard Made Me Change My Name

No comments: