Thursday, June 15, 2006

Current life situation

Some factory made chicken soup, with brocolli

Lately, I've been following the political fuss about game violence legislations, net neutrality and file sharing legislations. I've been reading alot from my two newest books, Postmortems from Game Developer and Syntethic Worlds (by Edward Castronova).

Summer vacation (sort of) is here now, and I'm (sort of) free from the university currently, but I'm still occupied because I need to finish the programming courses I didn't complete this term (I'm a lousy programmer after all). I've also started writing my first real game design document, just for the fun of it.
"A global corporation and governmental political struggle, MMO, set in a dystopian sci-fi fantasy setting, with concentration on world and player interactions."
Along with that, I've been watching every episode from seasion 1 of The Twilight Zone from 1985-1986. Consuming Magic energy drinks that expired two years ago, have also become something of the common here, and we've even started making bets of them now. No weird side effects yet though.

I have to get around to finish my Motion Capture course I took last summer to. All that's left for me to do, is basicly to put the MoCap animation data onto a model and then make a short clip out of it. Andrei, I trust in you. We're starting to wrap up my "Secret Project" (the one about WoW) and it will hopefully be completed somewhat by the end of this month. My other secret project (the one I'm doing in school) has sort of expired by now, and I've contacted my employees to see if they'll need any additional work during the summer (pizza money for me).

Recently, I've had this creative urge, to express myself somehow. This is part of the reason I've started writing on a game design document, and I've also wanted to create something to be used in a game, or create a mod for a game. I guess this is partly because I had nothing to show up for Gotlands Game Convention 2006 that my university arranged, nor do I really have anything worthy to show up from my two years of studying at the school.

Well, hopefully I'll finish enough missed courses during the summer so I can continue study next term to, and I'll probably use my last year at the school to search for jobs. Currently I'm most notorious for my ability to find bugs and exploits in games, but I also consider myself to qualify as a level designer, community manager, preview/teaser movie maker and as a game designer (although that requires a bit more buisness experience).

Now I need to go back to my watching, reading and writing. Thanks for all the fish!

Game Design Document Template
How you feel after a couple of Magic energy drinks

No comments: