Sunday, June 25, 2006

Metronome

I just got my eyes up for the swedish developed game Metronome, by the independent developer Team Tarsier. I can't help but to fall in love with the surreal design of the game, and I would just like to stroll around the landscape for the environment alone, and to add a game onto that, will only make it better.

EDIT: I just read their press release:
Venture into the city of Metronome, a sprawling mass of haphazardly built houses and makeshift machinery where the outlandish inhabitants are carrying out their chores day and night.

A city where the life of every citizen is dictated by the Corporation, a single bureaucratic entity that owns all the land, the entire infrastructure and all the industries.

Filled with a strange desire to work, nobody seems to find time to pause and question the actual purpose of the city.

Explore winding alleys, skewed rooftops and crowded apartment buildings as you search for proof of the Corporations secret agenda. Listen out for sounds to record that will help you manipulate your surroundings and your enemies, as you slowly uncover a mystery that reaches out from the borders of the game and into reality itself.
This idea is somewhat similiar to Total Totalitarian, and I actually like this one alot better. Guess I'll just have to try harder with my game ideas next time ;)

Metronome Concept Trailer
Metronome website

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Metronome looks totally awesome, will try to set up an interview with them. That project has been in a limbo for a (too!) long time.

Rafael said...

increíble obra de arte, hermosa de hecho

Luciano said...

I used to love this game brings up nice memories