Friday, September 28, 2007

I bought something on a whim last Wednesday

(Note: This shelf is not mine but from another
coworker, but the heads looks the same)

So at the release day, I walked into a store, and everyone there was of course buying Halo 3. If you hadn't booked you couldn't get a copy of course, but apperantly they had one Legendary Edition available for some weird reason (perks of wearing a Starbreeze t-shirt?) and offered it to me.

So there I was, someone who've not had any high hopes for Halo ever since playing through the first iteration of the series, and being offered a hard to come by Legendary Edition.

The advertisement campaign up until release has been the biggest one made for any game... ever. The first 24h of Halo 3 release in the US brought in $170 million, and that's just the first day, and just in the US. It even exceeded Microsoft own expectations.

So back to where I was, the biggest game releases ever made, and the biggest entertainment launch in history (even bigger than Spiderman 3 and the Harry Potter books), and I was offered a rare Halo 3 Legendary Edition. Of course I had to take it!

If nothing else, I can always resell it on eBay for atleast twice the price next month instead.

I've signed myself up to play through the game in 4 player coop mode this Sunday, and the other guys are currently having a Halo marathon (no Bungie reference intended) and playing through the first and second game in coop. Now, I need to figure out where to place my head.

Nega-review: Halo 3
Halo 3: The Biggest Entertainment Launch In History
Halo 3 might not be soo bad after all - Part 2
Halo 3 might not be soo bad after all

No comments: