Saturday, September 29, 2007

Nikujin

Now, I wont lie to you. This game is hard. So hard. So very very hard. In fact, despite being one of my favourite games, I’ve never actually completed it. You have unlimited lives, but you restart at the beginning of each level every time you die.

Bottomless pits, ninja assassins, leg-breaking falls, bamboo spikes, suicidal powder-keg lugging nutjobs and even a wannabe Musashi are just a taste of what will kill you over and over again until you finally master that level, where you promptly die again and again on the next one.

It’s a punishing game, but thanks to an update, the game is now continuable from the start of the furthest level you reached."
Wow, he wasn't kidding. This game was hard and really amusing. I would call this for a platform puzzle game, and it can sometimes take quite awhile before you realize how to progress. But knowing how to do it, and being able to do it isn't always the same thing ;)

I wasn't able to complete this in one sitting like I did with Knytt: Stories, but after coming back a second time I finally managed to complete it. Highly recommended!

Nikujin (.lzh archive)
Nikujin Review
Knytt Stories!

No comments: