Sunday, April 23, 2006

Adventures in Space, Part 1

So there I was, with my first real ship, the Tormentor, which I named Räkan (Shrimp), on a field trip to the asteroid belt in Ouelletta. Equipped with 2x EP-S Gaussian I Excavation Pulse and a 45% cargo capacity boost, I knew I would earn a neat income.

After just having half of my cargo filled up with valuable minerals, I noticed someone with a 1,000,000 bounty entered the area. "No problem" I thougth and warped out to the station... or would've if it wasn't for a huge asteroid blocking my path. "No problem, he's still a distance away" I thougth as I was making my way past the asteroid.

Red Guard

"Red Guard is scrambling your warp drives using his warp disruptor"

Well, in the next 10 seconds, my ship was disintegrated, and my pod along with it. Back at the starting station 18 jumps away from Ouelletta, I leaned back in my chair and contemplated over the situation. What had I done wrong, why didn't I make an escape and became rich on my minerals?

Well, I would've escaped if it wasn't for being stuck in a asteroid during the last moments of my ships demise, so the logical thing to do next time is to stay a bit further away than 30m from the asteroid that you're mining.

That was all that I could think of for the moment, so to know more I had to get some more information about the game... and who wouldn't know more than me if not for my nemesis?


He even gave me some good beginner tips and warned me about miners being sitting ducks and laughing stocks for pirates. Then I thanked him for the tips and swore to get my vengeance someday...

UPDATE

Name:
Red Guard
Weapon: Light Ion Blaster II
Ship: Taranis
Security: -9.5
Corporation: Nubs.
Bounty: 1,105,000
Playtime: Approx. 1 Year

No comments: