Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Torque Editor Bug

While trying to load up a level in Torque, it got stuck at this loading screen. I couldn't figure out what the problem was, not even after trying different terrain files or exporting the level objects to another file.

So I opened the level in notepad and tried to comment out (//) the objects, line by line. After a while I finally relized why Torque had problems loading my file...

The marked text in the notepad window above, is what caused me my trouble. If you compare with the other level objects you might find a very subtle difference between them. The fact that a simple blank space in the name of the object caused the entire level not to load, is really really bad, and if you consider that it didn't prompt any error messages while saving, it's even worse.

Solution, open file in notepad and remove any blankspaces in the object names or replace them with underscores instead. So in the future, we'll try to name the objects with out blank spaces...

No comments: