Wednesday, April 19, 2006

It's tough, studying game development, part 9

So we spent almost 24 hours, starting from 10:00 yesterday morning until around 09:00 this morning, playing Sacred over LAN. Even though I actually hate these kind of games, this is the best Hack n'Slash I've seen yet, but it's also just that and nothing more.

While playing this game, you won't probably consider the story at all, and just follow the pointer to your next target and hope you'll get to meet a dragon that you can kill. No, story isn't what keeps you playing this game, it's the fact that you're constantly getting stronger and it's always appealing to collect new items.

Due to my non-disclosure agreement, I won't be able to talk anything about the sequal for this game, but I think that's if it's atleast as good as this one, and more up-to-date (haven't seen it yet so this is just my personal speculations), it will most likely become a hit.

No comments: