Sunday, October 02, 2005

I want you to hit me as hard as you can

Anders "Saint" Ekermo, a student that graduated from my university last year. He recently got a job as a programmer at Starbreeze, the creators of Chronicles of Riddick and the upcoming game named Darkness. Starbreeze was formed autumn of 2001, when two swedish game companies merged. Their first game was Enclave. Saint was formed in the early eighties, when his two parents merged. Since then he's been working on projects like Crestfallen and most recently the Necro3D engine. Only game I know to ever use the Necro3D engine was Contagion which was finalized last term by the students one year above me (SIM2) and one year below Saint (SIM4).

I want to thank Saint for todays "good bye"-party, and all the Baileys he gave me. It've been a great day, (with my hair cutting and all,) and I regret that I didn't have the time to get to know you more in person. You've shown us that it's possible to get into the buisness after studying here at Gotlands Art and Media Education, giving hope for the future. Good luck to you at Starbreeze, and I hope you'll enjoy your time with them.

Now I only have to scavenge the remains of your home when you leave... I've already been promised the big frame with game history!



Download Crestfallen

Contagion
Necro3D
Starbreeze

No comments: