Saturday, October 08, 2005

The library of the motivated

Ok, it's time again to order a batch of books, most of them for school, some for pleasure. Also, I needed to order a new copy of Masters of Doom. I gave my other one away to Saint as a parting gift, and as a thanks for looting his apartment. Masters of Doom is probably the best book I've ever read, mostly due for my interest in the game industry and ID Softwares history. It's the book about John Carmacks and John Romeros childhood, and how they met each other and created the PC gaming industry of today, and how they came to part ways.

Man, I'm going to be flat broke, after ordering a projector, surround system, gaming mouse, books, tickets to events and travelling fees and the ninja suit. I guess the ninja suit have to wait...

School books
OpenGL Programming Guide 528SEK
Data Structures and Algorithms in C++ 556SEK
C++ for Game Programmers 400SEK

Other books
Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution 135SEK
Introduction to Game Development 548SEK
Masters of Doom 135SEK

Recommended books (on Swedish)
Liftarens guide till galaxen, del 1-5 45SEK
Sagan om Ringen, del 1-3 120SEK

And of course, all books by Terry Pratchett

No comments: